Monday, September 3, 2012

Melted Beads - August 29, 2012

Bought some cheap plastic beads one day because I saw on Pinterest an ornament idea utilizing melted beads.  I wanted cool shapes, so I filled some heart-shaped cookie cutters I have.
Pinterest says to be sure to place the beads in single layer.  Then put them in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.  I was very concerned about the smell of melting plastic permeating the entire apartment, so I took the toaster oven out to the back deck.
I cranked up the heat and set the timer to 15 minutes which is the longest my toaster oven will cook while keeping a timer.

Melted loveliness.  Once they're cool, they fall right out of the cookie cutters.  On to more colors!


The I drilled holes to string the ribbon, tied on the ribbon, and we're done.
I kinda like the imperfections in the shape.  And I'm now on the lookout for other shapes of cookie cutters to make even more melted bead ornaments.


No comments: