Sunday, September 16, 2012

HQYJ - Stop Spending - September 13, 2012

How to Quit Your Job

While I'm not necessarily a pedicure person, I enjoy one occasionally.  I last got one back in late June just before my cousin's wedding.  Every time I looked at my feet recently, I was reminded that I could really use another one.  But, when deciding earlier this week that I really need to quit my job, I've denied myself that luxury.  It's a want, not a need.  I can give myself a home pedi just as good, if not just as relaxing.

My hemming and hawing about whether or not I need a haircut will have to stop as well.  I'm not getting a haircut anytime soon, especially not a $55 one.

And regardless of where I am or am not working, after this week, I'm done eating out at lunch time.  We were good about bringing our lunches to work for a while there.  A couple days forgetting to get particular groceries, and we completely stopped.

And the last thing I'm not spending any money on anymore are craft supplies.  If there's something I don't have, I either need to find it for free from another crafty friend, or I have to put it on a 'later list' and get to working on a different craft.  Once I have my unemployment finances under control, I may be able to make some 'want' purchases, but for now I just need to stop spending.

No comments: