Sunday, September 30, 2012

HQYJ - Resigning - September 20, 2012

I got the guts to write a resignation letter giving two weeks notice.  My boss asked if I had any plans.  When I told her I didn't, she asked if I'd give her two months rather than two weeks.  So I changed my resignation letter saying that the Friday before Thanksgiving would be my last day, but if I found a job I needed to accept in the meantime, I'd give her two weeks notice.  So, as far as I'm concerned, I'll be making free money.  I won't accept poor behavior from my boss (any yelling finds me feeling poorly and needing to go home sick).  And it doesn't make any sense to have me learn new things, so my other co-workers will have to train the new person to do extra projects.

Having an end date in sight, even though it's farther away than I had hoped, is helping me mentally and I'm much happier.

No comments: