Saturday, September 15, 2012

Balloon Wreath - September 8, 2012

I've decided to become a wreath person; have different wreath for every holiday.  To finish off the summer, I decided to start with a colorful balloon wreath.  All you need is a styrofoam wreath, balloons, and some little stick pins.  The Pin I got this from didn't say how many balloons you need (she said she had 5 bags; of 5?  of 50?), so I bought a gross.  And discovered that 144 balloons only got me this far.
What you do is fold the balloons in half, push the pin through the folded end, and push it into the stryofoam.  I actually tied the hanger ribbon on first so I could push the pins into it as well.
Once I got the second bag of balloons, I was able to both finish the wreath, and add some extra into some of the empty spaces I found.  This helped complete the wreath also because some of the colors were slightly different from one bag to the other.

Hung the wreath on my door and am getting compliments on it.  My boyfriend finds it ridiculous, but I love it.
Once September is over and I put up the Halloween wreath I'm now working on, I'll have to save this one for either a birthday wreath or a summer wreath for next May or June.  Happy Crafting, everyone!



No comments: