Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Salad Prep - November 19, 2012

I saw this salad prep idea on Pinterest.  The pin was actually about making salads in mason jars.  I have mason jars on my Christmas list, but for now, the ugly tupperware will have to work.  I had bought some lettuce and spinach that isn't in a bag because I heard the bagged stuff should not be eaten.  Don't know which of my organic/paleo/freakshow of a friend told me, and I'm not sure I believe it, but I did it this time.  I grabbed a turkey breast from my parents from our early thanksgiving this weekend.  I sliced off some pieces for the BF's lunch and kept some for my salads.

I opened a can of chickpeas and shredded most of a giant carrot.

 I added some turkey, ripped the spinach and lettuce, and added it to the bowls; making four salads at once.
Then, when it's time to eat, you just flip the entire dish upside down into a bowl so the lettuce is on the bottom.
Add a little dressing and eat.

Looked at the original Pin again, and I'm looking forward to including cherry tomatoes and some pasta into the salads next time.







No comments: