Monday, November 19, 2012

Cleaning Calendar - October 28, 2012

I really hate cleaning.  And I'm bad at it.  Though I dislike greatly living in squallor, so I do it occasionally.  But unless we have people coming over for a visit, it doesn't get clean or stay clean for very long.  So I created a cleaning list.  Every flat surface is its own line item, and even the bathroom toilet and the kitchen sink are on their own lines.  We have a small apartment so I managed to come up with a list of 39 items.  Divided by seven days a week, I decided I need to clean at least five items per day.

Day One of the cleaning week is a Sunday, so I should be able to get a few extras done.  In fact, today I got so excited about my list, that I got 12 items done during commercials and in between football games.  The first week is going to be the hardest though, as I'm starting from scratch with every surface piled high with junk.

I just really like lists.  And I like crossing things off of lists.  So this could be an interesting experiment.

No comments: