Monday, March 25, 2013

One Suitcase - March 25, 2013

So I pinned this http://outfitposts.blogspot.com/2012/12/summary-one-suitcase-beach-vacation.html#.UVCXulc09zs and it changed my life.  It made so much sense to pack light while having plenty of different outfits to choose from.  And when going on an island vacation, who knows what the temperature is going to change into when the sun goes down, so it makes sense to have more cover-ups than just the ratty hoodie I wore on the plane.

I have nothing in my closet that I like, so I went shopping.

I stuck with the theme of basics in white and navy.






I'm still shopping for a pair of khaki shorts.  The blog shows white shorts, but I don't think my giant ass can handle a pair of white shorts.

Then I chose green for my other main color, with hints of pink.







Plus accessories and shoes.  I don't wear necklaces, so I added a couple scarves to the mix, light and flowy.




I have since also purchased a pair of gladiator type sandals.

I didn't have the patience to put on every single outfit, but I did manage a few.  Outfits 1-3.


Outfit 6...
Outfits 9-12...



Outfits 14-17...



Outfits 19-21...


Outfits 23-26...



Outfit 28...
Outfits 30-32...


And finally, outfits 39-40...

I am so glad I did this, even the trying them on as outfits.  It helped me realize what else I need (a strapless bra and I hate my jeans).  And I'm not sure about outfit #12, since the shades of green are really clashy.  But I love how throwing a cardigan on over the dress and changing out the shoes can totally transform the outfit from daytime beach walk to fancy dinner.

Anyway, I really wanted to do this so people could see that it's not just a packing plan for a perfect size 6.  (Plus, it was kinda fun to crop my head out of photographs!)

2 comments:

MK said...

This is SO COOL! It's so much fun seeing someone really use the one suitcase post in their real life!! Yay!! This makes me really happy! :)

Jackie said...

SO FREAKING AWESOME! I'm going to agree with #12, I'd probably not use that one, and just re-wear one of the other amazing combos you came up with. Such a good job! I'm packing for a 7 day cruise this week and your post has inspired me. I love everything you got! Such fun prints and colors. Good Job!