Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cleaning - December 4, 2012

Went away for Thanksgiving and came back sick with a cold that includes a cough and plugged ears.  Not the best way to start my unemployment.  So last week was a bust.

But, feeling better, I'm getting a ton done on my cleaning list.  After today, I have four items left on my 39 item cleaning list, and it's only Tuesday!

Big item today was cleaning the washing machine.  We live in a rental, but we have an in-unit washer/dryer.  Today I used one of the Pins I noticed a while back and cleaned the machine.  It's actually had a little dirt buildup on the internal agitator where the water would fill up to in a large load.  The pin said to fill the machine with hot water and add one quart of bleach, let it agitate for one minute, then sit for one hour, then run on the longest cycle.  Repeat with one quart of white vinegar.  When the vinegar is sitting in the machine though, take a scrubby sponge and clean any gunk you can see.  I scrubbed the dirt off the agitator, some crevices around the lid hinge, and around and inside the bleach cup dispenser.

Then, since I was on a roll, I took a vacuum to the dryer.  All the dryer lint that got missed by the lint trap got vacuumed up.

Oh, and two days ago, I got the BF to change the vacuum bag so that machine is working like a champ now.

Off to do more cleaning!

No comments: