Saturday, July 21, 2012

Crafting Gift Tags - July 17, 2012

As my friends and boyfriend know, I've become obsessed with Pinterest.  I keep pinning cute ideas and am determined to use them.  It's July, but I keep finding great Christmas ideas.  I figure that if i start them now, I might actually have things to show at Christmas time.

This one idea had someone wrapping a gift in a word search of their own creation.  A website allows you to enter your words into a word search, and the website creates it for you!  I decided to make a smaller one, and make them into gift tags.  So I entered the names of all my family members that I buy gifts for come Christmas time.

Then backed them with Christmas colored papers from my scrapbooking stash. And cut them into tag shape. 





Now, when I wrap a gift for someone, I grab one of these tags, find the gift recipient's name on it, circle their name and write "to" nearby.  Find my name (or my boyfriend's name since I end up wrapping most of his gifts too), and put "from" nearby.  Besides names, I also included family relationships like 'Mom' and 'Boyfriend' in case I want to get especially creative with my gift tags.  Use a red felt marker and it'll look adorable.

And if people are bored in between opening their gifts, they can see what other words they can find on their gift tags.

No comments: